Meagan in NYC sent me a picture of her new Bluet & Clover gold peacock print. I love that frame she chose. Thank you, Meagan, for sending me a picture!
New York! What an amazing city.
It's hard to believe it's been almost 9 years since I lived in the East Village. I'm thinking I should plan a special 10 year reunion trip next year. My husband asked me where I'd like to visit if I went back for a weekend trip. It's hard to even think about cramming it all into 2 or 3 days, but I would definitely try. Here's my list:
1. East Village. I want to see how my old neighborhood has changed. I heard that my favorite restaurant, Mama's, closed which is kind of sad. I lived on their meatloaf, mashed potatoes and brussels sprouts.
2. MOMA. It's my favorite museum in New York, but I've never seen the redesigned building.
3. Museum of Natural History/Central Park. I'm dying to take the kids there. They are so into dinosaurs. Then we'd take a nice long walk through Central Park and have lunch at the Boathouse.
4. Have brunch at Pastis and take my time walking and checking out the shops from 9th Ave over to Crosby Street where I'd go to Ñ for tapas and a mojito.
5. Spend half a day walking (and shopping and eating) around China Town. I used to love this restaurant on Allen Street called Congee Village.
That probably more than equals a weekend of activities. Of course, the girls would have to see the Statue of Liberty, too. And Mr. T and I would have to sneak out somewhere. I have no idea where the hip places are anymore, but I used to love Arlene's Grocery on the Lower East Side.
That's enough daydreaming for now. Gotta get back to the reality of having our only full bathroom under construction.