Is makin' me late with my post on making Roman shades for the kitchen.
There are two obstacles in the way of me getting my latest DIY Roman shades on the kitchen windows.
1. I forgot that I'd run out of drapery cord and lift rings. Luckily, I just placed a bulk order of shade hardware for a project I'm working on at a friend's house. So that should be here in a couple of days.
This time I'm going to hang the shades first and then sew on the lift rings, so I could just hang them up and wait but...
2. Last time I tried to hang a 50" wide shade I swore I would never attempt to do that on my own again. Now I remember why. I definitely need an extra set of hands with these.
I'm so excited about these drop cloth shades that I made with a faux grosgrain ribbon detail (I'll explain that in a more detailed post tomorrow) that I had to take a quick snapshot. That one shade is complete rigged with pins. It will look much neater once I get the cord on it.
It's a completely dark and stormy day here, so
tomorrow Monday should be a better day to take a nice bright picture anyway. And of course, I'll includes the how-tos and pictures of the process.